Old 16-03-2008, 12:25 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default ot but dealing with eats

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 11:45:14 -0700, Billy wrote:

It appears that Diamond and Pollan are on the same page. It's an
interesting juxtaposition with Diamond and Pollan recommending getting
back to natural, traditional foods and Charlie's "nano food" post
yesterday, which heralds another attempt by agribusiness to get us to
eat "stuff" which has never existed in our diets, or in nature, before.
Begging the question, "Is it any good for us?", thus taking us even
further away from traditional foods.

Phyto nutrients and bioflavonoids may well be the new frontier in
healthy foods, if we can fight off the strangulation of natural food by
the usual suspects.

"The story so far . . . " Do you know anything about this Dr. Jay
Wortman? I'm just putting my toes into the waters of the cholesterol
controversy by eating "real eggs" (free range from a friend). My A1c was
up on my last test, so I've already started to make adjustments. My
diet is becoming more meat and vegetables (I have no idea when I will
get a chance to use my home made pizza dough that is languishing in the
freezer). I fear this also doesn't bode well for the chocolate almonds.

google paleolithic diet and see where all it leads you......

Should keep ya busy for a few hours.

Decisions, decisions. Learning and unlearning.

Charlie

Worth a listen.

Bill

http://www.electricpolitics.com/medi...2008.03.14.mp3

March 14, 2008
The Organic Agriculture Movement

Organic food tastes better. It's healthier. It costs a bit more, but
surveys show that, counterintuitively, it isn't consumed
disproportionately by the affluent. And the most remarkable thing:
organic food is increasing its market share relatively quickly. To learn
about the current state of the organic agriculture movement and what
accounts for its success I turned to Dr. Brian Obach, a committed
organic consumer who's been trying to explain social movements for
twenty years. As an organic consumer myself I find Brian's insights
fascinating and surprisingly relevant to larger questions of progressive
political mobilization.

Total runtime an hour and fifteen minutes. Enjoy!

http://www.electricpolitics.com/

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA