Old 16-03-2008, 02:11 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default Re-introduction

In article ,
enigma wrote:

"Jack Allen" wrote in
:

I read awhile back that a tomato was being reintroduced
into the US from Europe. Apparently it was once in the US
but seemed to go out of favor with gardeners. This year
600,000 seeds were to be imported. Does anyone know the
name of this tomato?

it was originally from NJ... let's see, Ramapo.
here's an article about it:
http://www.lancasterfarming.com/node/1092
lee

Marglobe is good Jersey Tomatoe.

Bill in the garden state. Hard to tell as I bike about and see farms
as developments or empty fields. Still got Olsen less then a mile away
but he's getting up there. One man one tractor with help at harvest.
Younger folks across the way are sixties at old man Olsenšs. Same guy
that gave Frank and I a nickle to unload a tractor trailer of peaches in
1960. Learned a valuable lesson.
Very little truck framing or farm stands or a place for pulled plants.
Have to go 20 miles for plants or 2 mile and pay twice at a local garden
center. (

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA