Old 16-03-2008, 02:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] rossr35253@forteinc.com is offline

Default mantis Tillers

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 21:47:50 -0300, "Donald Maclean"
wrote:

Hi,
Anyone out there use a mantis tiller---are they as good as they are
cracked up to be. I am using an Ariens rear tine tiller very effective but
also heavy and cumbersome. Specials are on now so I am considering
purchasing one.

Our main tiller is a Troybilt Horse 8HP (the original Troybilt, not
the dumbed down version now made by MTD). Bought a Mantis years ago
for between row weeding and other small jobs.
Useless little PITA. Returned it. Took months and lots of problems but
finally got a refund.
Bought a Honda FG-100 which is just a bit heavier but it outperforms
the Mantis. Plus, the Honda is 4 cycle, no fuel/oil mixing as required
with the Mantis.
That's just my opinion, others seem to like the Mantis.

Ross.