Old 16-03-2008, 08:05 PM
may may is offline
Registered User

Default Newbie

Hi, i am not a gardener as such ,but i am slowly becoming addicted to clematis , if i see one I JUST HAVE TO BUY IT so i think i may have the bug. i have had some failures ,but some have turned out to be a great surprise .

and right now , they seem to be sprouting some new growth really quickly , and i hope that we dont have a really bad frost to kill it off.

i am hoping that there may be some other clematis addicts out there , and i am wanting to learn from others.

one clematis that i got last year was one called JOHN TREASURE i really had to search for this one , i am trying to get clematis which have the names of family members close to me . my husbands name is John and he really is a treasure, so that name appealed to me .

it is now starting to shoot up new growth from the ground so i am so pleased that so far it has not been a failure, and i am really looking foreward to seeing what the flowers are like . i dont think they are the big flowers but as long as it flowers i dont mind .

i have also got one called HELEN CROPPER Helen is my daughter-in-laws name so thats why i got that one ,not sure about the cropper though , (hope she doesnt think that i have come a cropper LOL) i thnk that one will be a pinky lavender one .

any way i could go on ,but just thought i would tell you abit about my new found addiction.