Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
Texensis

Default grape fragrance diffused at night

"Marty Christensen" wrote in message
news | What is the wonderful, heady, grape fragrance that the neighbors and
| notice in our back yards now (at night only!)?
|
| Poking our faces into each bush separately, we smell nothing. It
seems
| completely diffuse, tho perhaps a bit stronger near the Texas
mountain
| laurels (four small ones, in different areas). It's as strong a
fragrance as
| texas mountain laurel flowers, passion flowers, or grape hyacinths.
|
| Yum,
| Linda

Are there any loquats around there? They're coming into the peak of
bloom right now. The scent is most obvious at night and it carries
quite a distance. The honeybees are certainly aware of it in the
daytime, though. These flowers are fairly inconspicuous to look at.