Old 17-03-2008, 01:12 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
wendy7 wendy7 is offline

Default Watering Cattleyas

Dear Uncle Vito,
If you have the time & lots of water then thats
the way to go. Just like most people grow Vandas.
We put them in pots, here in hot dry S. Calif.
Cheers Wendy

"Uncle_vito" wrote in message
I have some cattleyas that are basically potted in air (the plants are in
a pot and the roots are bare with no media). How do you water these? Do
you soak the roots for a few minutes or do you just spash the roots with
water?

I have been soaking the roots for a few minutes when I have time, other
times I pour water over them and it immediately drains out.

Thanks for all replies

Uncle Vito