Old 16-03-2008, 10:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Newbie

"may" wrote

Hi, i am not a gardener as such ,but i am slowly becoming addicted
to clematis , if i see one I JUST HAVE TO BUY IT so i think i may
have the bug. i have had some failures ,but some have turned out to be
a great surprise .

and right now , they seem to be sprouting some new growth really
quickly , and i hope that we dont have a really bad frost to kill it
off.

i am hoping that there may be some other clematis addicts out there
, and i am wanting to learn from others.

one clematis that i got last year was one called JOHN TREASURE i
really had to search for this one , i am trying to get clematis which
have the names of family members close to me . my husbands name is John
and he really is a treasure, so that name appealed to me .

it is now starting to shoot up new growth from the ground so i am
so pleased that so far it has not been a failure, and i am really
looking foreward to seeing what the flowers are like . i dont think
they are the big flowers but as long as it flowers i dont mind .

i have also got one called HELEN CROPPER Helen is my
daughter-in-laws name so thats why i got that one ,not sure about the
cropper though , (hope she doesnt think that i have come a cropper
LOL) i thnk that one will be a pinky lavender one .

any way i could go on ,but just thought i would tell you abit about
my new found addiction.

Well you need this link then...

www.roselandhouse.co.uk

and if you are lucky Charlie will be along in a moment. He does frequent
this Newsgroup.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden