Old 17-03-2008, 08:10 AM
Fluffball Fluffball is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian mitchell View Post
A friend who's fairly knowledgeable about food thinks the beans that
Heinz use in their baked beans are cannelloni (sp?) beans. Can anyone
confirm, or definitely state otherwise?

If it's so, can they be grown in the UK, and where would one get
seeds/plantable beans?

Thanks,

Brian Mitchell
Hienz use a White/Navy (Haricot) bean, but I am sure they have their own specific strain. I believe Cannellini is a variant.

An American friend of mine used to grow her own here in the UK and would bake them with brown sugar, salt and her own special Barbeque sauce.

As for where you can buy them, I'm afraid I don't know...