Old 16-03-2008, 11:09 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] zakharin@alumni.upenn.edu is offline

Default Help identifying flower

We have a new flower that I don't recall seeing before. I have two
photos of it, but, unfortunately neither is very good at showing the
inside of the flower itself, as it has not fully opened today as it
has yesterday when it was sunny, but I did not have a chance to take a
picture. Anyway, it's at http://www.flickr.com/photos/24728380@N07

Some additional info: It looks sort of like a tulip, but the leaves
are not tulip-like at all. The petals are entirely wihte, while the
inside is yellowish orange. It is growing on the east side of the
house, and so has almost no direct sunlight. We are located in
southern New Jersey and it came up just recently (early to mid March).
Does anyone have any idea what it might be?

Thanks,
Boris Zakharin