Old 17-03-2008, 12:51 AM posted to rec.gardens
enigma enigma is offline

Default Help identifying flower

wrote in
news
We have a new flower that I don't recall seeing before. I
have two photos of it, but, unfortunately neither is very
good at showing the inside of the flower itself, as it has
not fully opened today as it has yesterday when it was
sunny, but I did not have a chance to take a picture.
Anyway, it's at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24728380@N07

Some additional info: It looks sort of like a tulip, but
the leaves are not tulip-like at all. The petals are
entirely wihte, while the inside is yellowish orange. It is
growing on the east side of the house, and so has almost no
direct sunlight. We are located in southern New Jersey and
it came up just recently (early to mid March). Does anyone
have any idea what it might be?

it's a crocus.

lee
--