Old 17-03-2008, 07:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default Price of seeds

"K" wrote in message
Rosie writes

I've never grown Sungold but I'll definitely try them this year. Will it
be too late to sow seed towards the end of April do you think as I cannot
do so before as we are away for 10 days during that month and I wouldn't
trust anyone looking after our cats to water the seeds.

I try to sow seeds just before a holiday. They'll take 1-2 weeks to
germinate, and if they are in a sealed container (a propagator with the
lid closed, or a big clear plastic bag enclosing the seed tray) the soil
will not dry out, and the seedlings aren't large enough to begin using
water at any significant rate.
Kay

Good idea kay!!
I was going to wait until we were back, but maybe now I'll plant before we
go :~)
Jenny