Old 17-03-2008, 11:49 AM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] Kevinthegarden@gmail.com is offline

Default need help finding shrub

On Mar 15, 9:42*pm, wrote:
Hello,

My backyard is partially facing the street and partially facing the
neighbor who has their deck out almost to the property line. *Because
our lots are small, whenever I go to my backyard I would be in their
face and vice versa, no privacy at all! *I'm looking for evergreen
shrubs that will grow to 8 feet to act as a hedge so I don't have to
see my neighbor or the street. *I would prefer something that will
reach matured height in 3 years because I can't afford buying big
shrubs or building a fence. *I'm looking for cheaper alternatives.
Your help is greatly appreciated. *I'm in zone 6.

Thank you.

Wavy leaf Ligustrum (Lig. Recurv) is evergreen, 8' x 6' and very
dense. It grows pretty fast and is virtually maintenance free. Plant
on 5 to 6 foot centers. A 3 gallon pot usually runs about $10.00 and
is at 2 1/2 foot. A 7 gallon runs about $34.00 and is about 4' and is
only about 1 to 1 1/2 yrs ahead of a 3 gallon.