Old 17-03-2008, 10:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default Newbie

"may" wrote in message

Hi, i am not a gardener as such ,but i am slowly becoming addicted
to clematis , if i see one I JUST HAVE TO BUY IT so i think i may
have the bug.[...]

Gardening and shopping are not at all the same thing. If you think that
buying things willl make you happy you are doomed to misery.

Why oh why does this newsgroup attract so many miserable sods.
Take no notice May. I have bought many things that make me very happy.
My house and garden being at the top of my happy purchases list.
Sitting here looking out of the den winnow in between working on the
computer I can see a whole array of shrubs some of which I bought whilst
shopping, they also make me happy. I may have bought the original tiny
specimen in a pot, but it was me that decided where to plant it, how to
prepare the soil, when to feed it, when to protect it, and how to prune it
into shape.

So come on everyone lets hear your "makes me happy" garden purchases, and
drown out the miserable sods.

Mike
(very happy today)