Old 17-03-2008, 02:30 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel Mckoi Reel Mckoi is offline

Default OT - Spring also means putting up a deer fence!

"Phyllis and Jim" wrote in message
Our yard is clearley getting ready for spring. Onions are coming up
like crazy, the blackberries are pushing shoots and the blueberries
are flowering. The deer found my my blackberries this winter. I don't
want them wiping the beds out. The beds are about 32' X 120'...and
there is also my 40' x 40' garden that they wiped out last year.

We just tilled both our vegetable gardens last Wednesday. So far the deer
haven't been a problem but the rabbits are. We have to fence the one garden
were we grown beans and greens or we would harvest nothing. The other garden
they don't bother. It's tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers and squash.

The electric fence should work but make it high enough that they don't get
tempted to jump it.

(brevity snips)
--
RM....