Old 17-03-2008, 05:40 PM
may may is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koscha View Post
I live in Portsmouth, Hampshire which has a major problem with slugs and snails due to the high humidity levels of a coastal town. I'm intending to grow my own fruit and veg and would like very much to see them survive. I was considering a gravel covering to stop the little blighters from eating themselves stupid! But does this really work? I was also considering slug traps (yes there are that many that i'm considering a two pronged attack!) Any thoughts would be appreciated.
some one told me that sharp sand and gravel will do the trick but it has to be the right kind of sand , not the play pit type