Old 17-03-2008, 03:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
job2610 job2610 is offline

Default Sad-looking bamboos

Hello

I planted a couple of large bamboos about 6-8 weeks ago along a south-
facing fence in my garden to help with screening. They were quite
expensive because they are well-established (about 6-7ft each and
about 2ft across) and when they were planted, they were lush and
green. However, they are looking decidedly worse for wear and a lot
of the greenery has been replaced by paper-like leaves and yellowing
growth.

I am not green-fingered in the slightest and have no idea why these
once-lovely plants are looking so forlorn. If anyone has any ideas or
suggestions, I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance

Jo