Old 17-03-2008, 06:53 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Sad-looking bamboos

In article
,
job2610 wrote:

Thanks Bill. I'm sure that's good advice but we paid extra so that we
could have some instant screening in the form of large plants so I'm
pretty reluctant to cut them back. Is there any alternative?

Jo

In a healthy plant, there is a balance between the vegetation and the
roots. You risk killing your plant if you ask a compromised root system
to support all the original vegetation. I wasn't paying attention to the
original post, was the bamboo grown in a pot or was it dug up. If it was
the later, you should follow Bill's suggestion and give the boo some B-1.
--

Billy

Impeach Pelosi, Bush & Cheney to the Hague
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
http://rachelcorriefoundation.org/