Old 17-03-2008, 08:02 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Gardening under lights--lamp confusion

I have used a combination of cool and warm fluorescent lamps in the
past, but now my local store only has the following (in the shape,
length I need):

Bright White TL850
DayLight White TL865
Cool White (3 kinds) TL841, ADV841, TL741
Neutral White TL735
DayLight Deluxe DX Alto

Since I can not find (size T8) Gro-Lux that fit in my fixtures, which
one of these is best for plants? Would a combination of types be
better than any single type? Does Color Temperature matter? CRI? I
guess the last model "has reduced mercury content." I could care less
about how the light "looks to the eye" but more importantly the
efficiency of the tube to making plants grow. TIA