Old 17-03-2008, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tom Tom is offline

Default compost

"Bashy" wrote in message

Hi,

Can someone tell me, does compost go off?
I bought a 75 litre bag of west advanced plus multi purpose last year
and opened it.
Hardley any of it was used (just a pot's worth at the end of the
summer).
I've just had a look at it and it doesn't look right!!

Any idea's?
Should I just dump it?

I don't think compost can go off even if it goes moldy :-)
It might just have got damp, it will be fine, just stir it up if it has
clumped up.

If it smells funny though, use it in the garden rather than using it in pots
for the house.

Tom