Old 17-03-2008, 06:27 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Phyllis and Jim Phyllis and Jim is offline

Default OT - Spring also means putting up a deer fence!

The electric fence should work but make it high enough that they don't get
tempted to jump it.

Can't make it that high! The general recommendation around here is to
electrify early enough that they are not in the habit of eating in the
garden (goodies not yet grown). They learn to avoid the fence and
don't hit the plants when they come up. We shall see!

They have no problem jumping a 5' fence and can do 6'. I hate to do
that much electrification.

Jim