Old 18-03-2008, 12:21 AM posted to rec.gardens
enigma enigma is offline

Default Compost Pile Advice

Charlie wrote in
:

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 15:52:41 -0700, Billy
wrote:
Oh, by the bye, I've heard that gardeners need to avoid
getting horse manure from a horse that has just been wormed
because it will also kill their earth bound cousins. Got an
opinion? Actually, this sounds like a question I should ask
Lee.

I got's lots of opinions..but on this, I don't know. Don't
most anthelmintics work systemically? Or do they act
directly in the gut upon the parasites?

most are systemic, even the ones given orally. i give the
llamas & goats the shots though, mostly because that way they
get *into* the animal instead if all over me (and i'm more
worried about menengial worms in the brain/spinal cord than
gut worms).
i'm not sure if they would affect earthworms anyway.
did you know that there are no native earthworms in the US?
they're all imported.
lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair