Old 18-03-2008, 03:22 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Compost Pile Advice

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 15:52:41 -0700, Billy wrote:

Your not becoming an arborist, are ya Charlie?;-)

Nope! I don't want you and Don all over me butt about this! :-) I just
figgered that since the OP seemed to be ...something....about their
laziness, I sure as hell wasn't gonna spoonfeed 'em. They can learn a
little about what they need to know by ...... study! Gardening, even
minimalist methods sometimes require a bit of sweat equity. Maybe
someone else will get some good out of the links I've collected, and
discovered, here in the last year or so.

Oh, by the bye, I've heard that gardeners need to avoid getting horse
manure from a horse that has just been wormed because it will also kill
their earth bound cousins. Got an opinion? Actually, this sounds like a
question I should ask Lee.

I got's lots of opinions..but on this, I don't know. Don't most
anthelmintics work systemically? Or do they act directly in the gut
upon the parasites?

If the latter is the case, then I would wonder also about doing damage
in the worm farm.

We'll await ideas from Lee.

Sliocht sleachta ar shliocht bhur sleachta
Charlie

and another case of Guinness bites the dust.
--

Billy

Impeach Pelosi, Bush & Cheney to the Hague
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
http://rachelcorriefoundation.org/