Old 18-03-2008, 08:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jonathan[_3_] Jonathan[_3_] is offline

Default Slugs and Gravel: Does it work?

On 17 Mar, 17:40, may wrote:
Koscha;778681 Wrote: I live in Portsmouth, Hampshire which has a major problem with slugs and
snails due to the high humidity levels of a coastal town. I'm intending
to grow my own fruit and veg and would like very much to see them
survive. I was considering a gravel covering to stop the little
blighters from eating themselves stupid! But does this really work? I
was also considering slug traps (yes there are that many that i'm
considering a two pronged attack!) Any thoughts would be appreciated.

some one told me that sharp sand and gravel will do the trick but it
has to be the right kind of sand , not the play pit type

--
may

No it doesn't. I tried for years to protect Hostas this way.

Jonathan