Old 18-03-2008, 01:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Lime for garden...

In article ,
says...

In article ,
(Jim Jackson) writes:

| A good few years ago, I bought a supply of ground limestone
| for occasional liming use in the garden. I've attempted to find a source
| recently and drawn a blank form local garden centres. Is such stuff still
| available? I'm in West Yorks near Wakefield, if anyone else local can
| recommend a source.

Try builders' merchants. Lime is used for some mortars - it might be
slaked lime, so that would need to be added when nothing was growing.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

He should be able to get the right stuff from horticultural suppliers in
his area failing that LBS horticulture do it online mail order
www.lbsgardenwarehouse.co.uk
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk