Old 18-03-2008, 07:48 PM
kristen kristen is offline
Registered User

Location: Suffolk, UK
Default Stocking up with Fertiliser etc.

Hi,

Last year I bought some Scotts EverGreen Complete for the lawn. My lawn (about 1500 sq.m.) isn't very smart but this seemed to do a good job of bringing the weeds under control and reducing the moss. (NPK = 14-2-4)

I'm planning to go with this again, but would welcome any advice on alternatives.

I looked at some Gem Lawn Weed Feed and Mosskiller, which is a bit cheaper (per applied sq.m), however the NPK is 8-0-3.

I have planted 60 shrubs this spring and wanted to buy some Fish / Blood / bonemeal for them [probably should have included it in the planting holes ]

I have two sources:

Gem FISH BLOOD AND BONE ORGANIC FERTILISER NPK 6-6-6
Gem BONE MEAL ORGANIC FERTILISER NPK 3.5-18-0

I'm surprised the NPK is so different, but that's probably just my ignorance!

They are the same price, per KG, but I have no idea which NPK is better to get my shrubs established. The Bone Meal looks to be better value for money, but I was expecting the combination product to be more "beneficial".

Any advice on products and suppliers (price is a major consideration for me) would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kristen