Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
B.Server

Default Bug infested hibiscus

On Mon, 09 Dec 2002 16:56:19 GMT, Karen Kay wrote:

My hibiscus is getting ready to flower again, but the buds are
covered with little black bugs (maybe 1/16" long). I sprayed
insectidal soap, and that cut the number of bugs by half. Any other
ideas?

Assuming that the hibiscus are inside... If it ever warms up enough,
take them out and hose them off a bit. I have a terrible time with
aphids in the greenhouse after about 8 weeks, but they disappear or
are greatly reduced when the plants are outside and the environment is
not quite so protected. Must be a lot of things that eat/disturb
them.