Old 19-03-2008, 11:43 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Alexander SuperTramp Alexander SuperTramp is offline

Default question about lawnmower blade noise

wrote in message
Hi,
I have a sears self propelled walkbehind mower. I've hit
bricks, sticks, etc, and it works fine. However I hit
a large stick the other day, and when I push down
on the handles to raise the front wheels, [to turn a corner]
it makes a loud racquet, like the blade is hitting something
slightly. Is that just a bent blade or could it be the shaft?
Is there a way to tell? Plus do I have to get the sears
blade or will any 22" blade work?

thx

itchy

Most likely the blade is loose, or rather the bolt holding it to the shaft
is loose.
With the mower OFF, turn it on its side, have an adjustable wrench handy,
set the blade properly and tighten it down.