Old 19-03-2008, 01:11 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko Srgnt Billko is offline

Default question about lawnmower blade noise

wrote in message
Hi,
I have a sears self propelled walkbehind mower. I've hit
bricks, sticks, etc, and it works fine. However I hit
a large stick the other day, and when I push down
on the handles to raise the front wheels, [to turn a corner]
it makes a loud racquet, like the blade is hitting something
slightly. Is that just a bent blade or could it be the shaft?
Is there a way to tell? Plus do I have to get the sears
blade or will any 22" blade work?

thx

itchy

After reading your post I have concluded the best thing for you to do is
hire someone to do your lawn.