Old 19-03-2008, 11:40 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default What are You Feeding? Where are you Buying?

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 21:24:00 EDT, "JB" wrote:

We had a lot of discussion on this last year, didn't we! ;-) I've read it
all but I'm still going with the higher quality/priced food for now.

Koi vets, breeders, and those who have grand champions recommend a feed for
koi (versus short-lived fatten-em-fast game fish foods).

There are high priced foods out there, that can be junk. I know Tetra use
to have a koi pond food that was mostly corn and really high priced. So
check ingredients and especially look for either a manufacturing date or
expiration date. When ordering, if they have a comments section, ask for
freshness. :-) Pick your main food, but still add variety of fresh foods
from the kitchen, and other koi foods/treats. I use Manda Fu as a treat.
~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us