Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
Amanda Hill

Default Community Gardens

I am a college student at UT and really miss my garden. When I lived with my
parents I helped with the garden, and had been totally in charge of the
backyard vegetable garden since I was 11.

Someone online told me to look for a community garden, where apartment
dwellers can rent garden plots. I'd never heard of such a thing, but it
sounds like a great idea.

Are there any places like this in Austin, and if so, how do I contact them
and find out if I can get a plot there? Does anybody here garden at a
community garden, and if so, do you like it? How much does it cost?

Thanks for any help.