Old 19-03-2008, 08:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baal Baal is offline

Default Black fly on Nasturtium

I have no success with soapy water. I get more success with blasting them
off with the fine spray, whether it contains soap/detergent or not!

--

Baal

I smile and go off waving
(Amiably) - for that's my way

http://www.helden.org.uk
"Robert (Plymouth)" wrote in message

"Lord0" wrote in message
Hi there,

Every year I grow climbing Nasturtiums (I love 'em) and every year
they get covered in black fly.

Is there an organic way to prevent these little critters?

Cheers

Lord0

I rub them off with my fingers but to be honest, I usually leave a few
nasturtiums around so that the blackfly go on that first rather than the
beans. Soapy water removes them so I am told

--
Rowdens Reservoir Allotments Association
www.rraa.moonfruit.com