Old 19-03-2008, 10:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
MajorOz MajorOz is offline

Default Raised beds can help gardeners' aching backs

On Mar 19, 3:01 pm, Stephen Henning wrote:
Also, Tyler Arboretum uses raised beds to make a walking garden for
blind people. That way they can walk along the bed and feel and smell
the plants easily. It works well for people in wheel chairs also.

http://www.tylerarboretum.org/
--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
http://rhodyman.net/rahome.html

Two of my garden plots are 30 in. high. My "short stuff" is there.
They are 8x8 and are very nice for radishes, lettuce, spinach, etc.
My mantra is: "High beds for short stuff; short beds for tall stuff".

cheers

oz