Old 20-03-2008, 01:51 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default OT - Spring also means putting up a deer fence!

They have no problem jumping a 5' fence and can do 6'. I hate to do
that much electrification.

Jim

And it isn't necessary. This is the latest gadget out:
http://www.deerbusters.com/dee-3060.html

My sister got 6 of these when the deer started coming down from the hills
due to heavy snow. Her neighbor's yard was strip clean to the level the
deer could reach, they obviously learned to stay away from my sister's and
have no clue to the extent (or lack of) this post can do damage. I think
you peanut butter on foil is an excellent alternative!

Technology so we can co-exist.... speaking of, I put my motion sprinklers
back on last night, even though I haven't removed the screens. The boys saw
a raccoon come thru the other night, and bigger areas were getting dug up
around the ponds (rather than the small holes made by skunks). I may be
thinking hot wire for winter time myself. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us