Old 20-03-2008, 11:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Sowing Seeds

On 20/3/08 10:15, in article ,
"AriesVal" wrote:

I'm wondering if bought in compost or John Innes is best for sowing seeds
in a tray in the greenhouse ? What is your preference and why?

Hello, Val! We use a particular seed compost because it's not too high in
nutrients that seeds don't need in the early stages. It's worth getting the
right stuff because it doesn't go off and if you shut the bag you can use it
again later.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk