Old 20-03-2008, 02:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Raising the level of lawn

In article ,
says...
I recently planted turf rolls between pavers in my backyard, but now that
everything has settled I've found that the lawn is lower than I wanted.
My plan is to leave it to fully establish for a few months then lay maybe a
cm of dirt across the top, the plan being that the grass will grow up
through it & re-establish itself.
Will that work? Does any one have a better idea to raise the level that
doesn't involve starting again?

We had a similar problem recently and found that the addition of some
grass seed to the surface soil after compacting etc helped, we did the
job the last week of September and it was looking pretty good by
Christmas and we were able to walk on it and mow as normal by April the
following year.
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk