Old 21-03-2008, 02:05 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Tom G Tom G is offline

Default well question

"rb" wrote in message
Yes. The idea is to get water with no power, at least cost.

To remenisce, I remember how jealous I was of a friend who's family had an
electric pump jack on their well pump. I had to bring in the water by hand
pumping (that was my chore). One happy kid I was when in '53 my folks
bought a house with inside plumbing. It even had a dial telephone instead
of the crank type. And you want to go back to a hand pump to save money?

Tom G.