Old 20-03-2008, 10:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Iris don't flower

On 20/3/08 22:35, in article , "K"
wrote:

Sacha writes

Are the OP's bearded iris? The OP described them as purple with (IIRC)
yellow and black spots at the centre. Could they be sibirica? And if so,
are the requirements the same?

He said he thinks it's a bearded Iris.

He did indeed. But then he gave that description.

I think it would help him to look at some Google Images of different Iris.
There are, after all, some that grow in water! Iris sibirica like dry
conditions. Iris confusa likes to be fairly moist. I suppose it could be
that in which case, lucky him!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk