Old 20-03-2008, 11:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Derek Derek is offline

Default Raising the level of lawn

"The Doctor" wrote in message
I recently planted turf rolls between pavers in my backyard, but now that
everything has settled I've found that the lawn is lower than I wanted.
My plan is to leave it to fully establish for a few months then lay maybe
a cm of dirt across the top, the plan being that the grass will grow up
through it & re-establish itself.
Will that work? Does any one have a better idea to raise the level that
doesn't involve starting again?

A side effect of our attempts to improve drainage by spiking and top
dressing with coarse sand has been to raise the level of the lawn .
we have a freely draining lawn at last.
Derek