Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
animaux

Default biggest weed in TX was Greenbelt Tree ID?

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 14:24:33 GMT, cshardie wrote:

nd

I don't really know, either. I have both hackberries and pecans and
haven't noticed one making more of a mess than the other

My only problem with hackberries is that the birds seem to distribute
the seeds along my fenceline or right next to small trees and bushes. I
really have no volunteer pecan trees since the squirrels tend to bury
the nuts in places that I weed or my husband mows. Having to weed pecans
out of my garden is a pain of its own, but not as annoying as having
hackberries slowly ripping my fences apart.

The point is, hackberry is a native plant which birds eat berries from. I too
have hackberry seedlings. Maybe 4 times a growing season I get out my little
sequiturs and cut them to the ground. They do nothing to my fence.