Old 21-03-2008, 08:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Raising the level of lawn

The Doctor wrote:

I recently planted turf rolls between pavers in my backyard, but now that
everything has settled I've found that the lawn is lower than I wanted.
My plan is to leave it to fully establish for a few months then lay maybe a
cm of dirt across the top, the plan being that the grass will grow up
through it & re-establish itself.
Will that work? Does any one have a better idea to raise the level that
doesn't involve starting again?

In theory it can work, but trying to do it all at once might be a
bit too much. How big an area is it - have you calculated the
volume of extra soil you will need?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK