Old 21-03-2008, 11:34 AM
Tricky2 Tricky2 is offline
Registered User

Location: Wimborne, Dorset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxman View Post
I have a hardy olive bush in the conservatory. It appears to be losing
a lot of leaves recently. Is this normal at this time of the year?
I have had a Olive bush now for 7 years and it has grown to quite a size. It is kept all year round outside against a south facing wall. I water it about once a month all year round. I renew the soil with multi compost every spring and line the large pot it is in with polystyrene foam to protect the roots in the winter. If we do get a hard frost I then cover it with a fleece.

I have never had any problems with the leaves - it grows so well that I have to trim it back each year to stop it becoming unmanageable. However, we do live in Dorset and near the coast so we get the best of the weather - when it finally arrives!