Old 21-03-2008, 12:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Iris don't flower

On 21/3/08 09:32, in article ,
"Sacha" wrote:

On 20/3/08 23:38, in article , "Bob
Hobden" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote

I think it would help him to look at some Google Images of different Iris.
There are, after all, some that grow in water! Iris sibirica like dry
conditions.

I had better not tell that to those I've had in my pond for 25 years. :-)

Have I muddled them up? I thought they liked dry but now I'm going to have
to check. We have some on the corner of a well-drained wall!

I asked Ray who sat firmly on the fence and said "Moist". ;-)

Iris confusa likes to be fairly moist. I suppose it could be
that in which case, lucky him!

Or the beautiful Iris laevigata which can also be a bog plant.

snip

I think that might be the one we have in the pond. It's in a pot on a ledge
and is a fabulous purple. Does that sound familiar, Bob?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk