Old 21-03-2008, 01:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Lime for garden...

Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Stuart Noble writes:

| I wonder how this relates to the blue/red hydrangea issue.

I know that it relates, but I don't know how.

| Are lime hating plants necessarily acid loving?

No. And most plants described under both categories aren't either
lime hating or acid loving, as such.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Interesting that John Innes Ericaceous Compost contains flowers of
sulphur instead of the normal limestone, and this apparently produces
sulphuric acid over time. I suppose it's all good science.
If there wasn't a northerly gale blowing I might be out there doing
something more constructive :-)