Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
cshardie

Default biggest weed in TX was Greenbelt Tree ID?

animaux wrote:
The point is, hackberry is a native plant which birds eat berries from. I too
have hackberry seedlings. Maybe 4 times a growing season I get out my little
sequiturs and cut them to the ground. They do nothing to my fence.

I cut the seedlings, too, which is really no more than a minor pain.
Unfortunately we bought our house from someone who didn't go around 4
times a growing season and cut seedlings to the ground. We inherited a
fence already full of stumps and trunks that can't be cut out without
removing fencing. I guess someday we'll have to do that.

--
Suzanne http://cshardie.tripod.com
Loyal opposition is the mark of a patriot, principled dissent the