Old 21-03-2008, 06:46 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
chip chip is offline

Default Natural Swimming Pools/Ponds

Hal wrote:
On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 19:25:56 EDT, Chip wrote:

This allows NO chlorine or other killing
chemicals to be needed for pure clean safe swimming water.

This doesn't make pure clean safe swimming water for humans either.
Ask your doctor. Ask your health department. Ask your lawyer before
you invite a neighbor to swim with you.

To answer 2 comments at the same time.

Yes, I have planned lots of shade for the pond by having a 12' dia
"island" built just over it. This island will have a tiki roof, so even
more shade. This will give the fish someplace to hang out during the
warmest part of the day. Still I am concerned about what veggies will
survive the hot water in the filter.

These "Natural" pools are all over Europe and many of them are
commercial or municipalities owned. I'm sure they check the water.
Don't want to get sued! BTW, didn't you ever swim in a lake before they
all became polluted with industrial runoff? There were fish and other
critters in there, doing what fish and other critters do. I'm just
trying to re-create that.

Chip