Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
animaux

Default biggest weed in TX was Greenbelt Tree ID?

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 08:17:21 -0600, Rusty Mase wrote:

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 15:29:23 GMT, animaux wrote:

The Chinese tallow far out junks anything native.

As well as Chinaberry. The Ligustrums and even Nandina can be
problems. King Ranch Bluestem is my most hated weed, though.

I acquired a new weed about 4 years ago called Malta Star-thistle
(Centaurea melitensis per Enquist) which is hard to control around my
place. It is now pretty common in my neighborhood and it was not here
at all 5 years ago.

Rusty Mase

It's funny how that happens. The noxious weeds take so well when they are
exotic, but the native materials cost a fortune at a garden center! I am
digging out the N.domestica which came with the house and replacing them with
dwarf loropetalum, barberry and Texas sage bushes for contrast. I dislike rows
of things.