Old 22-03-2008, 09:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bazza Bazza is offline

Default sweet red pepper

may wrote:
Bazza;779817 Wrote:
Bashy wrote:-
may;779742 Wrote: -
can i just plant the seeds in pots , i do not have a greenhouse can
just put them in a sunny place on the patio . and what time of year
can i plant the seeds in pots . ? novice here-

Hi,

This article might help a bit

Cheers
-

That article drew a blank with me, think bashy is a bit of a teaser!
Just planted mine, the seeds need to be kept somewhere warm and kept
moist, around or above 20c until they germinate, I use clingfilm over
my
pots.
I have grown them outside in a grow bag but they need a sheltered sunny

spot.

now i am confused ,the article said not to keep them moist . oh well i
suppose it is trial and error.

Cannot see the article link in my newsreader but you want the soil to be
damp not saturated, I use the clingfilm to stop them drying out too quickly.
I put 2 seeds to a pot, spaced out, and when they start to sprout remove
the clingfilm and drop over the pot a large plastic waterbottle (Ltr
size) which has had the neck end cut off, this acts like a mini
greenhouse, shake out any excess moisture if it builds up too much.
If both seeds germinate I remove the weakest, the one left when it has a
true pair of leaves I remove the bottle and let it do it's own thing.