Old 22-03-2008, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Elderberry hedge

Sacha writes
On 22/3/08 15:25, in article , "K"
wrote:

Sacha writes
still others wouldn't allow it to be used to me furniture or cradles

I would have thought that was more a matter of practicality

According to folklore, it was superstition. If you really believed that
witches could turn themselves into elder trees, you wouldn't put your baby
to sleep in a cradle made of witch!

See David's post about the quality of the timber. I doubt whether you
could make a baby's cradle out of it, even if there were no
superstition.
--
Kay