Old 22-03-2008, 10:08 PM
AlecTPR's Avatar
AlecTPR AlecTPR is offline
Registered User

Location: Manchester, UK
Default loss of water in my pond

I noticed this afternoon that the water level in my pond had fallen dramatically.

It's a 1000litre pond but it must have been down to at least 1/3 of it's depth.

I did notice recently that it was lower than usual but we have had nothing but rain recently.

The 9 fish (3 goldfish and 6 orfes) are doin ok, I've topped it up and turned off the pump and filter to see how things go.

My plan being that there can only be two reasons for the lack of water. Either I have a hole somewhere in my pond (solid plastic type) or the pump / filter is chucking out the water elsewhere.