Old 23-03-2008, 12:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default eliminating weeds in mulch

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 22:45:45 -0400, "symplastless"
wrote:

If the weed mat does not work then why spend the money?

The weed mat does work in most instances, but birds still poop out
seeds and seeds still travel by air, and by wind and they work their
way into the humusy layer of the mulch and germinate. Let it go
aleady. You are wrong, so just let it go.

Let what go? Where in nature is it natural for the separation of cellulose
and soil as with weed mat? Why mulch? I.e., if its such a problem for you.
You treat trees with pesticides, kill plants with herbicides. And if they
work, why do you still have the same problems?

I will tell you exactly why with lucidity. IGNORANCE OFF TREE BIOLOGY!
LACK OF COMMON SENSE (Which I as well, also suffer from)!

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.